To uphold and advance the honor and dignity of the profession, and in keeping with high standards of ethical conduct I acknowledge that I:
- Will be honest and impartial, and will serve with devotion my employer, my clients, and the public.
- Will strive to increase the competence and prestige of the profession.
- Will use my knowledge and skill for the advancement of human welfare, and in promoting the safety and reliability of products for public use.
- Will earnestly endeavor to aid the work of the Society.
Relations With the Public
- Will do whatever I can to promote the reliability and safety of all products that come within my jurisdiction.
- Will endeavor to extend public knowledge of the work of the Society and its members that relates to the public welfare.
- Will be dignified and modest in explaining my work and merit.
- Will preface any public statements that I may issue by clearly indicating on whose behalf they are made.
Relations With Employers and Clients
- Will act in professional matters as a faithful agent or trustee for each employer or client.
- Will inform each client or employer of any business connections, interests, or affiliations which might influence my judgment or impair the equitable character of my services.
- Will indicate to my employer or client the adverse consequences to be expected if my professional judgment is overruled.
- Will not disclose information concerning the business affairs or technical processes of any present or former employer or client without his consent.
- Will not accept compensation from more than one party for the same service without the consent of all parties. If employed, I will engage in supplementary employment of consulting practice only with the consent of my employer.
Relations With Peers
- Will take care that credit for the work of others is given to those whom it is due.
- Will endeavor to aid the professional development and advancement of those in my employ or under my supervision.
- Will not compete unfairly with others; will extend my friendship and confidence to all associates and those with whom I have business relations.